Saturday, November 24, 2012

Just Be Your Self

~I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I need to be~

       Over fifteen years is not a short time to live in another country. Perhaps it's quite difficult for other people but luckily not for me. Since I am spending my whole life living abroad, I almost didn't understand what is the important role to live in my own country, neither I can financed myself nor I could find a good job.

       As a stranger in a strange country, sometimes I couldn't believe if I can settle my life as soon, mingling with native and learn about their cultures and traditions, as long as I didn't forget my own country's cultures and traditions anyway. In Taiwan I can so easy to find a countryman, due to lots Indonesian people lived in Taiwan.

         Most of them are domestic workers and some is married to indigenous, I stumbled across where places they had often visited and I gathered with them. They made such a group and they will meet when they have a day off. For foreign brides, the government provided a shelter as well as places they learn languages for free.

        When I was a child, I am not one of the lucky kids who have pleasure in their life. I don't have a good life and education either. Whatever I was still trying to learn about everything when I have a change. My experiences have built my own life, show me my happiness path and teach me how to stand up. Even though sometimes I must came a rest and confessed I was no longer afford to welcome my next day. Maybe it's the reason why I am enjoying living abroad.

        A new country and new traditions given me a big influence in my life, but I only pick the good one up. I still understand and I realized who am I and where I came from. I wonder when I saw many Indonesian people just like completely forgot about their origins. How big influences they have gotten? How much time they have spent stayed abroad? That's very regrettable if they transformed quickly the way they were dressed up, they way they were spoken even sometimes they tend didn't recognize fellow itself.

        I had intended asking them a simple question about how long they have been working in Taiwan, and what they was earned span of the year working overseas. Some of them will be honest told me about their aim work and their goals, some just told me bullshit, even lied themselves. I can tell due I saw and I knew many and many Indonesian workers in my neighborhood. They often came to my house just to share their problem over worked, sometimes I also helped them out to solve their problem, and I'm pride about it.

       They came to Taiwan in various types of work, some works as care giver, domestic helper and as machine operators at factories. Whatever, no matter what your occupation, and how long you been staying and working in Taiwan, don't ever forget about who you are and be yourself as well. There is a retrospective pondering about your basic goals for a brilliant future. Don't let your environmental situation changed your basic attitude and your habit. Remember! Your family puts their hope highly in you.
Be positive
Be honest
Be peaceful
Be good
Be yourself!!

''A lie can travel halfway around the world.....while the truth is putting on its shoes''  ~Mark Twain~




   

   
   




   

No comments:

Post a Comment