Monday, November 19, 2012

Wife Sacrifices (A true story of an Indonesian worker in Taiwan)

''Dreams do come true, if we only wish hard enough. You can have anything in life if you will sacrifice everything else for it''  ~James M. Barrie~

 This is a true story that I heard from someone, her name is Desy (not her real name). She comes from a rural town, eastern Indonesia. Two years ago, Desy came to Taiwan to earn some money for her family on purpose. Desy has a son, and she left her son with her husband. Desy parents, both her mother and father was dead when she was very young. She only put her hopes to her husband to take care of their son, while she was away.

      Desy husband is unemployed, therefore she financed all family needed include goods and maintenances. As everyone knows that quite hard to find a job with a decent salary in Indonesia, so that she decided to come to Taiwan, even it's firmly difficult for her to leave her family.

     She was one of those hard-working, diligent woman, come, as if by mistake, into a fierce family as her employer. The boss is such grumpy person yet his wife is very fussy. Desy hired to take care a 86 year old grandmother. Unfortunately, also the grandma very talk active and she had senile diseases.

     The day passed was hard, she suffered continually, working as care gives and she was doing all house hold duties. She learned the heavy cares of grandma, the hard work of a kitchen. She washed the greasy pans and dirty clothes; she took the garbage to the street each morning and brought up the water, stopping often on the stairs to breathe.

     This life lasted for two years which at every the end of the month she always sent her miserable money to her husband, to fund his life and son. Before she come to Taiwan, Desy and her husband borrowed lots of money, so that they need to pay back all those debts.

     Even though the horrible life she got, Desy tried to stand up and continued working. She thought it was her destiny, she must try to face the fate. Desy cares about her son's future, as she told me, she wants to give her son a good education.

     Everything is fine till one Sunday she got the phone from her sister, telling her, that her husband didn't back home almost a week. No one knows where's he went, even their son. How shocked she was, her visions become blurry and finally she couldn't see anything, she fainted instantly.

     Likes the birds broken its wings, she completely lost her control. Desy keeps crying and yelling day and night, thereupon her boss supposed she was mad. One in the morning she came to my house and she told me all about her sadness.

''Nu, I have to think that I want to end my life soon.'' Desy said to me.

''Are you nut!'' I yelled loudly. ''What happened to you, Desy?'' I asked.

''My husband went away with another woman, and she is my niece.'' She sobbed.

''I know about it, your lady boss told me yesterday when I met her at market.'' I said and tried to calm her.

Desy uttered a cry and turned toward me excitedly; ''I can't, I can't......I can't take it anymore.''

Field
       ''Don't you remember, you want to give your son a good education and build your own house? Stick to it, and try to forget yours bastard, useless husband!'' My voice getting furious, and scolded her husband like I was her. Desy calm a while and her face bowed, I saw her tears fell down.

''I cannot afford, my family was completely broken.'' Desy noticed, tortured and angered her.

''I know how was difficult in your life, but it's worth to begin your new life instead.'' I mentioned.


She wept for whole days from despair and from disappointment. Her boss was almost send her back to Indonesia, she couldn't work properly because she always minded about her problem. There is nothing more humiliating than to back hometown without any money. Desy already sent all her money to her husband.

      Moreover I have heard that her husband didn't pay the debts was, even didn't pay his son's school tuition. The money that Desy sent wasted for his chubby regardless his son, even his wife sacrifices.
It was 6 o'clock in the morning, and I still in bed, when my phone was ringing and I answered. There is Desy on the phone, in a hesitating voice, full of anxiety she told me;

''Nu, I am at my agency office right now.'' Desy noticed.

''Hahhh, what are you doing there?'' In a little bit startled I asked her.

''I decided to back home to make clear my problems, furthermore I also want to divorce with my husband, if everything running well, I will be back to Taiwan soon. My boss lend me some money and I will pay it back when I come to Taiwan again.'' Desy talked all her points.

''Well, I can only hope, you will solve your problem soon, but I still afraid you couldn't handle it.'' I said.

''Not to worry Nu, I have thought all day and night about all what you said, you're right, I must rise up again and start over my new life.'' Desy said enthusiastically.

''Ok, good luck dear friend, and God Bless you.'' I answered her and hoped she will have a better life in the future.

She is a diligent maid, Desy works like a beaver, therefore her boss like her and even they were very fierce, they become more pleasant. Desy boss considers to remain her to work for them.

As Desy told me, the flight will depart at noon, four o'clock, and I guess it might be in the middle night she well arrives in Indonesia. Good bye Desy, see you soon.


~You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it~

   

   






 
   
   

1 comment:

  1. That's story very exciting and touched me.
    but I think the story is not over, how the next story about Desy? whether it can be divorced and go back to Taiwan again?
    my suggestion :
    Believe in GOD, He is always watching and dearest to the people who are patient.
    "LIFE IS LIKE RIDING A BICYCLE. TO KEEP YOUR BALANCE YOU MUST KEEP MOVING"

    ReplyDelete